Long summer nights are winding down. Savour the last of the warm evenings with these easy to make, grab and go treats as a sweet dessert or a healthy but indulgent mid day snack! Gluten free, dairy free, and vegan these are good for anyone on your list but delicious enough to make the kids ask for seconds!
½ Cup Cashews
6 Medjool Dates pitted
1 Cup Oats
¼ Cup Butter
Pinch of Cinnamon
Dash of Salt
- Blend toasted cashews and dates in food processer and blend until evenly chopped, add oats, butter, cinnamon and salt and continue to blend until comes together into a loose dough.
- Divide into 9 balls and press into muffin tins to make tart shells
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat, let cool before filling
¼ Cup Cashews
1 Tbsp Butter
1/8 Cup Maple Syrup
- Finely chop figs and cashews
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a heavy bottom pot and bring to a boil
- Add figs and cashews, stirring continually, remove from heat, let cool before using
2 Tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
4 Frozen Bananas
1 Tbsp Vanilla
¾ Cup Topping from above
- In a food processor add cinnamon, salt, bananas and vanilla. Blend on high until it resembles ice cream.
- Add ¾ cup fig compote (reserve the remaining for the top of the tarts) and stir into ice cream
Fill tart shells with banana ice cream, top with fig compote and transfer to freezer.
To serve, remove from freezer 5 minutes before plating, top with a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon
People often ask me what my cooking 'style' is and I always struggle to explain it because it is so broad. The best summary is that I will cook anything as long as it is delicious, healthy and wholesome. That means free of chemicals, preservatives, additives, and byproducts. It also means everything in moderation, just because coconut oil is healthy does not mean we should add it to everything! Just because honey is a sugar does not mean we can not have it once in a while! You will not find any dry, bland, cardboard reminiscent food here, healthy can still be crave worthy! There is everything from gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, organic, local, and season recipes here, I hope you find something tempting!